Home education parents.education.govt.nz earnings by education level

To gain approval, your application must satisfy the Ministry that your child will be taught at least as regularly and as well as they would be in a registered school. If your child has special education needs, the application must show that these needs will be met. How do I apply?

Or you can email an application of your own design to your local Ministry office. If you do this section one of the Ministry form must still be completed and attached to your application. Read the associated guidance documents to be sure that your application meets the criteria set by the Ministry. average income based on education level Post

The Ministry will contact the most recent school that your child has been enrolled in (if any). This is to get a full picture of your child’s educational context, providing insight into how you will need to individualise your educational approach to suit the needs of your child.

The application will be referred to the Education Review Office (ERO). The Secretary, after considering the ERO report, will confirm the refusal or grant a certificate. The Secretary’s decision about the appealed application is final. You can submit an additional (but different) application to your nearest Ministry regional office.

If your child is aged between 6 and 16 and you have not received a Certificate of Exemption, then by law they must be enrolled in and attending a registered school. This includes the time period when you are waiting for you application to be processed. What information do I need to provide with the application?

The Ministry can only issue a Certificate of Exemption when it is satisfied that you are willing and able to be responsible for an appropriate programme of education for your child (ie. that your child will be taught at least as regularly and as well as they would at a registered school).

The Ministry may ask you for additional information once it has received your application. This is a normal part of the process. Your application may take more than 6 weeks to process while additional information is being gathered. You should factor this in when considering the best time to make a home education application. Can I get any financial support?

The allowance is paid in instalments twice annually – in June and December each year – for the preceding 6 months. The first payment for a child new to home education will cover the period from the date of the issue of the Certificate of Exemption until the next payment round, either in June or December of that year.

A child can continue to receive the supervision allowance up until the end of the year in which they turn 19 provided their exemption certificate was issued before their 16th birthday and the declaration continues to be completed and returned to the Ministry. What other support or resources can I get? Curriculum and other support documents

If your child has learning support needs, then it is important that you can provide the same level of support that is available through school. The Ministry cannot approve your application to home educate without first being satisfied that these supports are in place. Support for home educators

Children and young people who are home educated and have identified learning support needs can access support from the Ministry’s specialist services. education level ma Any request for services will be treated in the same way as they would be in a school context.

Students aged 16 and over can enrol in subjects free of charge under the Young Adult Gateway category. However, if they enrol in three or more subjects they are regarded as full-time students with Te Kura and will lose their home education exemption certificate. Qualifications for home educated students NCEA

It is also possible for home educated young people to be assessed against NCEA standards through a school that has been granted “consent to assess” by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). There is no obligation on the part of any school to act as a link school for home educated young people.

For other tertiary providers and for home educated students who do not hold a suitable CENZ qualification it is recommended that they contact the provider’s admissions departments (or equivalent) directly to establish what their entry criteria are. what is the highest education level This should be done up to two years in advance so a suitable entrance pathway can be developed. Career pathways

Home educating parents and legal guardians have the primary responsibility for monitoring the quality of their children’s education. By designing a robust curriculum and regularly reflecting on progress made, you can ensure that your child’s needs are met by the education you provide.

As the administrator of the Education Act 1989, the Ministry of Education also has obligations regarding the monitoring of home education. To meet these obligations, staff from your local Ministry office may contact you for information about your home education practices from time to time.

In some circumstances, the Ministry may request the Education Review Office (ERO) to conduct a review of a home educator. The Ministry will inform you if you have been referred for a review and explain why. ERO will then contact you to provide information about the process and arrange a time for a review.

You will be given the opportunity to comment on the draft ERO report. If the ERO report raises concerns, the local Ministry office will ask you to show how you intend to address these. If ERO and the Ministry are not satisfied that these concerns will be addressed, your Certificate of Exemption may be revoked.